Bail Bonds FAQ’s Utah
Massey’s Bail Bonds FAQ’s goes through the Bonding process step by step so you are better informed.
Q.) What is Bail, a Bond and a Bail Bond?
Q.) How is the Bail amount determined?
Q.) Are There Fees Charged to the Co-Signer if a Bond is Revoked?
A.) Yes. If a Bail Bond Company is forced to put out a bounty on the accused, then an apprehension fee of 10% of the Bail, Mileage, Meals, Lodging, & Transportation fees can be charged to the Co-Signer.
Terms & Conditions of the Bond
Q.) What are the Terms & Conditions of a Bond?
Loss of a bond will be evident if:
- (1) The co-signer or defendant provided false information on the Utah Bail Bond application.
- (2) The Court increases the bond beyond sound underwriting criteria employed by the Bail Bond Agent or Bail Bond surety.
- (3) The defendant changes their address, telephone number, or employer without giving reasonable notice to the Bail Bond Agent or Bail Bond Surety.
- (4) The defendant is arrested for another crime while on bail.
- (5) The defendant is back in jail in any jurisdiction.
- (6) Failure by the defendant to appear in court at any appointed times.
- (7) Finding of guilty against the defendant by a court of competent jurisdiction
- (8) A request by the co-signer, based on reasons (1) through (8) pertain to the defendant; items (1), (3), (5), (7) and (9), pertain to the co-signer