Massey’s explains how Bail Bonds Work
Massey’s explains how Bail Bonds Work so you can understand how er get your loved ones out of jail!
Q.) How is the Bail amount determined?
Q.) Are There Fees Charged to the Co-Signer if a Bond is Revoked?
A.) Yes. If a Bail Bond Company is forced to put out a bounty on the accused, then an apprehension fee of 10% of the Bail, Mileage, Meals, Lodging, & Transportation fees can be charged to the Co-Signer.
Terms & Conditions of the Bond
Q.) What are the Terms & Conditions of a Bond?
Loss of a bond will be evident if:
- (1) The co-signer or defendant provided false information on the Utah Bail Bond application.
- (2) The Court increases the bond beyond sound underwriting criteria employed by the Bail Bond Agent or Bail Bond surety.
- (3) The defendant changes their address, telephone number, or employer without giving reasonable notice to the Bail Bond Agent or Bail Bond Surety.
- (4) The defendant is arrested for another crime while on bail.
- (5) The defendant is back in jail in any jurisdiction.
- (6) Failure by the defendant to appear in court at any appointed times.
- (7) Finding of guilty against the defendant by a court of competent jurisdiction
- (8) A request by the co-signer, based on reasons (1) through (8) pertain to the defendant; items (1), (3), (5), (7) and (9), pertain to the co-signer